Family Planning Referrals
Natural Family Planning (NFP) works! NFP is a great way to help couples avoid unwanted pregnancies and it strengthens the bond between couples since it encourages good communication, including making good choices about sex. (It is NOT the “old calendar rhythm method,” which is no longer being taught.)
There are different forms of natural family planning, but they all teach couples to look for the natural signs in a woman’s body indicating when she is fertile and capable of becoming pregnant.
- It’s effective. Studies have shown that it can be 96-99% effective in helping couples avoid a pregnancy. That’s as effective as the Pill, and MORE EFFECTIVE than barrier methods such as the condom or diaphragm.
- It’s healthy and safe. Most artificial forms of contraceptives have health risks: weight gain, developments of allergies, headaches, decreased sex drive, increased risks of certain cancers, strokes, even death. NFP does not use powerful, unnecessary hormones to prevent or delay pregnancy, like the Pill, the Patch, or Depo-Provera. With NFP, women simply learn to recognize the signs that their bodies normally show during the menstrual cycle.
- It’s inexpensive. Condoms, birth control pills, and other forms of contraceptives can end up costing a lot of money over the course of one year.
- It can be used at any stage of a woman’s reproductive life. NFP can be used for women who are breastfeeding, premenopausal, or have irregular cycles. It can be used to avoid OR to achieve a pregnancy.
- It keeps couples close. NFP requires good communication between the couple. Couples who use NFP tend to have very low divorce rates.
For more information, call us at 818-895-2500.